Now that we are in alert level 2 we are able to carry out our normal range of dental procedures including hygiene and preventative treatments, but we are required by the Dental Council to do things a little differently. There is a wide range of procedures and technologies we are using are to keep our patients, our staff and our communities safe.
This includes how we book patients, how we limit contact between staff teams, staff teams and patients, and how we deal with payments. Any patient coming to the practice will get an email outlining details of this before their appointment, but here are a few things to note about what appointments look like in level 2
- All patients presenting to the practice need to complete a Covid-19 health check and this needs to be reviewed by your dentist or hygienist before appointments. This will be emailed when appointments are booked
- There will be no admittance to the practice without an appointment
- We ask anyone who enters the practice to use the hand sanitiser provided prior to entry and when leaving the practice
- Observe proper cough/sneeze etiquette
- Do not use or limit the use of our bathrooms unless absolutely necessary
- We ask to be informed of any patients who are higher risk of health problems if exposed to Covid-19. We can provide face masks and organize appointments to limit contact with other people
- Our staff are working in small teams and appointments are organized to maintain social distancing so ask patients to please arrive on time for appointments but not early to limit numbers of people in the waiting room
- We ask for patients to please attend appointments alone without a support person if possible. If a support person is needed, we request to be made aware of this as soon as possible – they will need to sign a registry and may be required to wear a mask while at the practice
- Limit face to face contact with reception staff to being checked in for appointments only. Our reception team can be contacted via email or phone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04-472-5516.
- To limit contact at reception, payment may be processed in the surgery. We are unable to accept cash or cheque payments, so please come prepared to pay with EFTPOS.
Please limit contact with the practice to phone calls 04-472-5516 or email email@example.com. No walk in patients please. If you require any dental products, contact us and we can arrange for these to be ready for collection at a time that suits or we can courier these items to you.
Dental procedures often generate aerosols. There are plenty of things that we do to limit the risk of these aerosols to our staff and other patients including the use of high volume suction (which can evacuate up to 100 cubic feet of air per minute), rubber dams to isolate the teeth we are working on, and anti-viral mouth rinses.
The Wellington Dental Practice has also invested in and are quite excited about the AJAX Extraoral Dental Suction device. Please see the link for further information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REuoOum3XiI
We will be in touch with you soon to reschedule any appointments cancelled due to Covid-19. If you have any specific questions about your treatment or our protocols please let us know. We look forward to seeing you soon.